“Abdominoplasty is the removal of fat from the middle and lower abdomen to tighten the abdomen wall muscles”
Abdominoplasty is a cosmetic procedure that is used to remove excess fat or skin from the abdomen area. Also known as tummy tuck, this procedure involves the removal of fat from the middle and lower abdomen in order to tighten the muscles of the abdomen wall.
Abdominoplasty is performed if regular exercise and diet have no effect in reducing the fat deposited in that area. It is usually preferred by pregnant women whose tummies become loose after delivery and also by both men and women who have suddenly shed a lot of weight. If one is considering on having more children, has to stabilise their weight or has some form of illness, they should reconsider getting abdominoplasty done.
A tummy tuck is done under general anaesthesia and takes up to four-five hours. Usually performed as an outpatient procedure, abdominoplasty is divided into different categories depending on the extent of the surgery.
- Complete abdominoplasty: Here, an incision is made from hip to hip. The skin is removed from the abdominal wall to disclose the muscles that need to be tightened. The muscle wall is tightened with sutures.
- Partial abdominoplasty: A small incision is made and only a limited amount of skin and fat is removed from the muscle. The skin is then stretched downwards and excess skin removed. The flap is stitched back into place after the excess fat is removed.
- Circumferential abdominoplasty: This surgery combines abdominoplasty with a butt lift. The surgery is also called a body lift with the scar running around the body. This surgery is typically performed on those who have lost a lot of weight suddenly.
- Extended abdominoplasty: This is a complete abdominoplasty as well as a thigh lift. The scar runs from the posterior axillary line side .
Curls & Curves is known for providing Best treatment for Abdominoplasty surgery in Bangalore.
Ideal candidate for Abdominoplasty surgery
An abdominoplasty is a highly individualized procedure. Self motivation for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
In general, you may be a good abdominoplasty candidate if:
• Person has to be physically healthy and at a stable weight
• Person has to have realistic expectations
• You are bothered by the appearance of your abdomen
Steps Involved in abdominoplasty procedure
An abdominoplasty procedure includes the following steps:
Step 1 – Anesthesia
Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical procedures. The choices include intravenous sedation and general anesthesia. Your doctor will recommend the best choice for you.
Step 2 – The incision
A full abdominoplasty requires a horizontally-oriented incision in the area between the pubic hairline and belly button.
The shape and length of the incision will be determined by the amount of excess skin. Once the abdominal skin is lifted, the underlying weakened abdominal muscles are repaired.
A second incision around the navel may be necessary to remove excess skin in the upper abdomen.
The upper abdominal skin is pulled down like a window shade. The excess skin is trimmed and the remaining skin is sutured together. A new opening for the belly button is created. The belly button is popped through to the surface and sutured into position.
Step 3 – Closing the incisions
Sutures, skin adhesives, tapes or clips close the skin incisions.
Step 4 – See the results
Your tummy tuck will result in a flatter, firmer abdominal contour that is more proportionate with your body type and weight. Get more information about tummy tuck results.
What results should I expect after an abdominoplasty
The final results of abdominoplasty may be initially obscured by swelling and your inability to stand fully upright until internal healing is complete.
Within a week or two, you should be standing tall and confident in your new slimmer profile.
Your Abdominoplasty surgery will result in a flatter, firmer abdominal contour that is more proportionate with your body type and weight.
Abdominoplasty Cost in Bangalore
Curls and Curves offer best abdominoplasty Surgery cost in Bangalore and it is value for money. Abdominoplasty cost in Bangalore is cost effective when compared to the cost of abdominoplasty Surgery in other countries.
The cost abdominoplasty Treatment will depend on amount of work taken to finish the surgery. So it is important that examination decides the price.