Gynecomastia in Bangalore (Male Chest Reduction)
Many men – 40 to 60 percent in fact – suffer from what is commonly known as “man boobs” or “moobs” “Male Breast” (Gynecomastia) and if you are one of those men, thankfully you no longer have to live with this excess fatty tissue that can be embarrassing and can knock body confidence. Male chest reduction surgery uses similar techniques to those used during liposuction or fat removal surgery, and the operation is quick and simple with a short recovery time. Male chest reduction surgery is becoming increasingly popular among men as more and more learn about the procedure and the positive impact it can have on self-confidence.
For More FAQ about Gynecomastia watch here.
What is gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia literally means “women-like breasts.” Gynecomastia is overly developed breast tissue in males. Though it is medically benign, gynecomastia can cause significant psychological discomfort. Men with gynecomastia may be viewed or view themselves as not completely masculine. In an attempt to disguise their shame or embarrassment, they sometimes attempt to hide this condition by avoiding exercise, swimming and other activities. Although gynecomastia cannot be resolved through diet and exercise programs, Dr Girish A C can effectively remove the enlarged breast tissue through his advanced gynecomastia surgical procedure – (For Videos Watch here)
Benefits of Male Chest Reduction / Male Breast Surgery?
- Increased self-confidence.
- Increased self-esteem.
- The appearance of the chest is more flat, firmer and better contoured.
- Ability to have a wider choice of clothes.
- Feel more in proportion and less self-conscious.
- Gynecomastia is a medical term that comes from the Greek words for ‘Women like breasts’ which is due to the abnormal increase in glandular tissue.
Facts about Male Chest Reduction / Male Breast Surgery?
- 40 to 60 percent of men suffer from “Man Boobs”.
- This procedure is the second fastest growing procedure for men
- The procedure normally takes 1- 2 hours to complete.
- Go swimming or to the gym with more confidence.
The Procedure For Male Chest Reduction Surgery / Male Breast Surgery?
- The Surgeon will remove excess fat by making a small incision around the lower half of the nipple area and carrying out liposuction.
- It is a day case procedure under general anaesthetic.
- The procedure normally takes 1- 2 hours to complete.
Is It Right For Me? Choosing To Have Male Chest Reduction Surgery / Male Breast Surgery?
There are many reasons why people choose male chest reduction surgery:
- Stubborn areas of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise
- A disproportionate figure for instance with noticeable ?breasts’ (Gynecomastia) giving rise to a lack of self-confidence and embarrassment
- Not able to go to places on summer holidays because of feeling self-conscious
- Rapid weight loss can cause a sagging of the skin across the chest making the breasts look more pronounced
- Difficulty in buying clothes due to disproportion
- Unwelcome comments from friends or work colleagues
Who should have Male Chest Reduction / Male Breast Surgery?
The final decision will be made between you and your Cosmetic Surgeon. The procedure is most suitable for those patients with excess fatty tissue on their chest that exercise cannot remove.
Curls and Curves have been committed to providing excellence in Cosmetic Surgery solutions in Bangalore (Bengaluru) since we are established. During this time, we have developed a full understanding of the many reasons why people have Cosmetic Surgery and how it can improve how they feel about themselves.
Before Your Male Chest Reduction / Male Breast Surgery?
- You will be able to discuss your expectations.
- Your Surgeon will advise you when you are to discontinue and/or resume activities like smoking, or taking aspirin or any other medication.
The Day of Your Male Chest Reduction / Male Breast Surgery?
- The Cosmetic Surgeon will visit you in your room and draw marks around the areas to be treated.
- He will also obtain your final consent, and answer any last minute questions you may have.
- When you wake up from your anaesthetic you will have a support garment applied.
- Some blood-stained fluid will leak from the wound and the Nurses will need to change your dressings until it stops.
- You will be offered painkillers and may be given antibiotics.
Going Home after Male Chest Reduction / Male Breast Surgery?
- Your Cosmetic Surgeon will advise how long to stay off work – usually between two and three days.
- You will need to rest for 48 hours and avoid bending and heavy lifting.
- You can expect to experience some bruising and swelling but this should subside after one to two weeks.
- You will be asked not to remove your support garment until your first post-operative visit to the clinic – general hygiene can be maintained through strip washes rather than baths and showers, ensuring that the operated area remains dry and covered.
- It is very important that you attend the follow-up post surgery appointment which has been made for you, to care for your wound and see your Cosmetic Surgeon post-operatively to make sure that you are healing well.
- You will have your own personal Nurse Counsellor both before and after your procedure to support you and answer any questions you may have.
Recovery from Male Chest Reduction / Male Breast Surgery?
- Stitches are usually dissolvable and so do not need to be removed.
- The area heals quickly with scars fading well.
- An elastic garment will need to be worn for two weeks.
- You can generally expect to return to work within a few days.
Things to Consider
It is important that your decision to have a Cosmetic Surgery procedure is considered carefully. There are many points that should be considered before deciding to have any type of Cosmetic Treatment or Surgery.
There are also some possible risks, as with all surgical operations, which your Cosmetic Surgeon will talk through and explain to you at your consultation, answering any questions you may have. This is your opportunity to discuss your intended surgery in order that the Cosmetic Surgeon can ascertain your expectations as to what can realistically be achieved.
Dr Girish who performs Male chest reduction(Male breast reduction) procedure at curls and curves belongs to one of the reputed Medical College – Bangalore Medical College & Research Institute, Bangalore, Karnataka, is fully accredited to practice in the Bangalore (Bengaluru) India as a specialist in Plastic Surgery, and has specific training and experience in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery for over 20 years.
Our nurses advise you consider the following things before your surgery:
- Post surgery activities including sleeping arrangements
- Have necessary post-operative garments
- How long will the effects of treatment keep me away from my usual activities?
- At what stage will I be able to judge the results of treatment?
- How long do the results last?
- When can I return to work?
Male Breast / Male Chest Reduction Surgery Cost
Curls and Curves offer best competitive Gynaecomastia surgery cost in Bangalore and it is value for money Gynaecomastia surgery cost in Bangalore is cost effective when compared to the cost of Hair Transplant in other countries. So it is important that examination decides the cost. Sometimes cost will be decided once the client sends his pics by mail or WhatsApp. Finally, the Curls and Curves assure Best Possible result which is Value for Money & Professional. We have all types of Payment modes through Debit card, Credit card and Online.GST as per Government of India.
Commonly Asked Questions and Aftercare
- How long does the treatment take?
- Is the treatment painful and if so what form of anaesthesia is used?
- What type of care will I need after treatment?
- Will I need pain relief following treatment?
- Will I have swelling or bruising and can these be treated?
- Will I need to wear a supportive garment?
Of course, these are just some of the commonly asked questions but please feel free to ask your Doctor for lots more information
At Curls and Curves, our aftercare is second to none. You will have your own specially trained Cosmetic Surgery nurse to guide you through your procedure and aftercare. Cosmetic Surgeons at curls and curves are among the most skilled, qualified and experienced in the Cosmetic Surgery field and our fully qualified Cosmetic Surgery Nurses are specially selected for their expertise and approachability.
For quality care and ethical practices coupled with experience and they very best medical skills available, there is only one name to trust… Curls and Curves Cosmetic Surgery Centre.